Need help getting your documents together for your YouthWorks certification appointment? Check below for more directions. Feel free to call Real Food Farm’s education team for assistance!

A printed and signed copy of your pre-registration form

Return to the YouthWorks login page and find your application for this year. Print the webpage. It will have a line on the last page for your and your parent/guardian to sign to confirm that all the information is correct

A signed work permit if you are between the ages of 14-17

Return to the YouthWorks login page. You can download a blank work permit from there. Follow the instructions to have it signed – usually your teachers or your parents can sign it.

Verification of family income

This could include a parent’s recent paystub or an application for social services where income was listed and verified

Birth certificate

If you don’t have a copy, here’s how you can request a new one: (all info from

  • if you are under 18: have your parent (who was named on the birth certificate) complete this application:
  • make a copy of your parent’s state photo ID to include in the application
  • Mail the application, photocopies of required identification, $24 fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Division of Vital Records, P.O. box 68760, Baltimore, MD 21215-0036
  • Or, instead of mailing, bring your application and copy of your photo ID to the Division of Vital Records in Baltimore located at 6550 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21215

Social Security card

If you don’t have a copy of your social security card, here’s how you can request a replacement for free (all info from

Proof of identification (Maryland state ID or school ID)

  • If you don’t have a school ID, talk with your school’s principal
  • If you’d like a Maryland state ID and want one, you can: (all info from
    • visit the Department of Motor Vehicle Administration in person
    • Minor applicants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is responsible for cosigning the minor’s application.  The cosigner must provide acceptable proof of relationship to the minor.  Examples of acceptable documentation to prove relationship may be a birth certificate, court order or current tax return which shows dependency. (source: